I got tired of seeing my Colonial Viper sitting as a work in progress. I'm calling it. I'll let it live or die from here on. I might revisit it, but for now I need to move onto something new. As for what to move onto I'm stuck between a few ideas. I can model an automobile, or a tank, or go back and do some more sketch work on my levels that I've started long before I should have.

Here are a couple types of renders. One is a very basic gray the other I added some color to the material. I can never get the renders to come out exactly how I want them to, I need to get some research done with that.


Singularity/Raven Assets

With the release of Singularity a couple days ago (6/29/2010) I am able to display some of the work I did. Most of my work for Singularity was behind the scenes, so I can't display most of it. Frequently I was repurposing preexisting assets for other uses. Such as adding damage, adding control panels, or changing collision to be used within the multiplayer game mode . Near the end of Singularity's cycle I was also poly reducing assets to help increase game play value. Below are a few of the assets that I created for Singularity.



A bit of a sci-fi level started. Not sure how/where I will take this one. Most of the hall is set, just needs to be painted if I don't end up changing my mind on how it looks architecturally speaking. Also the lighting on everything needs another pass. There's a few issue's I've noticed while taking these screenshots. The room is pretty much all proxy at this stage. I threw on some of my base/repeatable textures to get a feel for things right now. I'm not sure if I want to keep the room clean or destroy it some how.

Additional Painting

A little more painting on the hammerburst. I've been a bit distracted lately to really get any of my personal work done. There has been some jumping around on what I'm actually working on. I've started a bit of a sci-fi level within unreal, continued work on my viper, as well as working for Raven Software.


HammerBurst Paint

I took a break from the Colonial Viper and went back to paint my hammerburst.


Colonial Viper WIP

I've added the wings, and worked up the body. Now I'm moving into the cock-pit and landing gear.


Viper Engines

I've got the engines almost how I want them. I'm not completely satisfied with the exposed sections towards the front, but they'll do for tonight. I've been going off of the classic Mark 2 Viper and a few cues from the modern version as well. I haven't yet decided which wing set to go with, for now I have the classic ones proxied out.